Flying Flour, Splashing Spices, Roomful Aromas

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

N.M. Cookies

Many years ago the Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie was the bench marker for all CCC to be measured against.  With the onset of the Internet, secrets of all sorts became public information.  Here is the 'desireable' Chocolate Chip Cookie.  My first experience was in the 80's in NYC at NM!  the cookie was the size of a desert plate and  yummy.  Here I give credit to NM for  a great recipe, a great cookie and great memory!  Dare I say I play with this recipe?  Oh, but I do.  My latest tweak was to change the oatmeal to  Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain cereal.  Oh, so crunchy and dunkable into that mug of milk.  Yes, I said mug because the cookie fits into the mug for the dunk! They don't quite fit the glass.  Besides, dunking in a mug adds to the ambiance of the experience, IMHO~
Here's the Toll House Version






N.M. Cookie
(Thanks to my niece, Christie for sharing this recipe oh so long ago!)






1 cup butter, softened                                          2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda                                                         1 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups blended oatmeal                       12 oz. choc. chips
cup brown sugar                                               1/2 tsp. salt
1 4oz Hershey bar, grated                                     2 eggs
1 tsp. baking powder                                            1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups nuts




N.M. Version with Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain
instead of oatmeal! Crunchier!
Bake at 375 for 10-12 mins.

1 comment:

  1. 5 grain cereal...what a great substitution. I'm going to have to use that.

    ReplyDelete